Tuesday 25 June 2013

Skincare Review; Boots Botanics Mattifying Cleansing Mousse.

As many other beauty bloggers will be aware, spotting a new product while you're out shopping is nothing short of exciting, especially if its something you've never really seen anywhere before. So, when I noticed the Boots "Mattifying Cleansing Mousse" its safe to say I was intrigued, to say the least.
I've never heard of a "Mattifying Mousse" before, so I was really enthusiastic about trying this product and for only £3.99 there was no way I was going to miss this purchase! 

I've been using this product for about three months now, and I love it. The packaging is practical and helps prevent waste of the product, its a pump so you simply pump the amount of foam you need into your hand and you're good to go! Also, it states that the bottle was "made using a minimum of 25% recycled content," which is brilliant! Environmentally friendly and practical! 

It's also really simple to use, just pump the amount you need into your hand and apply it to your face in circular motions, rinsing off with warm water. It claims to cleanse, clarify and reduce excess oil, my skin is oily/normal and I see immediate results after using this product. It states at the back of the bottle that the "foaming mousse dissolves excess oil" and I really think it does! I use this once, sometimes twice a week because despite my love for this product, I do worry that it could dry out my skin fairly easily, it definitely has the potential to do so, for this reason, I definitely do not recommend this if you have dry skin!

The mousse itself is a very dense foam, its creamy and a little bit goes a long way! It has got a strong scent which is very hard to describe... It's kind of a very sweet herbalish (I'm aware that's not a word... Sorry) scent with a citrus twist to it...  It isn't a lasting scent, so when you put it on your face, it won't stay for the entire day, but it is strong, so if you're not a fan of putting strong scents on your face, again, I wouldn't recommend it. However, I think the scent is because its a botanical product, which means that it has been made using plant extracts, it reads clearly that it has been approved by Kew Royal Botanic Gardens, so don't worry about it being a cocktail of chemical nasties!

I understand that this product won't be for everyone, but it really works for me, I will definitely be repurchasing this, or something very similar and I'll be keeping my eyes peeled for similar products! If anyone can recommend any, I'd really appreciate that!

Kelly x

No comments:

Post a Comment