Monday 15 July 2013

Red Red Red!

Hey everyone! Sorry again for the delay in posting this, I've been very unwell recently! But, I'm on the mend now :)

Some of you may or may not know, I'm a HUGE Taylor Swift fan, you might even call me a Swiftie... While out buying presents again today, I spotted a bottle, shimmering red, from across the room, charms dangling from the cap. Next to it, a line of red boxes covered in gold swirly patterns... I honestly hadn't seen it anywhere in England until today. Enchanted Wonderstruck. I didn't even hesitate, I had to have it! So, its now sitting on my desk next to me which can only mean one thing... A fragrance review!

Let's kick off with the packaging, which I am in love with! I don't know if there's a word for it, so I'm going to say reflective and hope its the correct one... But the bottle changes colour in the light, it looks a darkish shimmery purple in the dark, but when the light hits it, it reflects red, it looks so pretty. The cap is a gorgeous gold colour with baroque-like patterns on it, at the base of the lid there are four gorgeous charms; a clear gem and a gold, rustic bird (maybe a swallow? I don't know, I'm no bird expert) a feather and a flower with a cute little gem in the middle and a little pink one next to it. The actual bottle itself is a little round one, it really is very lovely.

Scent! Its a much softer, more sophisticated scent than that of Wonderstruck. It's sweet and quite fruity, an evening scent, if you will. It's certainly a more mature scent but still very wearable for teens and young adults. I think I prefer this to Wonderstruck, its a little more my style. It's not strong smelling at all, its a subtle fragrance which will not overpower easily, lovely for the summer and spring when you don't really want to be wearing any heavy scents!

Sorry I can't add any pictures, I usually take them on my phone which has just been sent off to be repaired (no!) But the packaging is so beautiful you won't miss it anyway! I picked my bottle up in Superdrug today,  its a 50ml bottle which I got for £20 (on sale, woohoo!) but you can pick it up pretty much anywhere that sells perfume, drugstores, perfume shops... Anywhere! I think it's usually around the £30 mark for the 50ml bottle, but it is definitely worth it, I think I may even need to pick up a travel size!

I hope you enjoyed reading this review, if there are any scents out there you'd like to recommend, please, comment below!

Kelly x

No comments:

Post a Comment